Choir Preparation You Need To Take During Christmas
Christmas is that time of the year when people forget their sorrows and come together to celebrate life and look forward to having a great year ahead. People exchange pleasantries over hearty meal and spread laughter and love around. This time also accounts for a great time for choir groups because they get to perform in several choir shows and connect with their viewers and audiences.
Christmas is the season for shows and performances and that is the main reason for singers to take extra preparation. This extra preparation is needed to pull shows at a stretch since there is not much time for rehearsals during festivals. Let us take a quick look at some of the preparation tips that choir singers and groups need to follow during Christmas or any other festival.
- Have a Large Music Selection– A large set of music pre selected before the festivals gives you the chance to evenly distribute the songs throughout various concerts and shows. Choral Christmas music is currently the flavor of this season because the music range is diverse and caters to several music genres. This implies that most choir groups and singers can avail this music collection when they are gearing up to perform in several choir shows.
- Collaborate with Other Choir Groups – Collaboration is the latest trend in the music scene. Collaboration targets a larger audience group and the range of music being offered is diverse and caters to a larger section of music lovers. Collaboration helps two or more choir groups or singers to come together to create music. This adds to the fun and joy of festivities to witness two or more of your favorite musicians together.
- Rigorous Voice Warm Up Session – Warm up session is the initial step that all musicians take before they begin their rehearsals or shows. Warm up session of the voice is the best way to prepare your voice to be able to sing in any note, scale or pitch. The only difference is, the frequency and duration of the warm sessions need to increase before the time of festivities. The increase in frequency and duration will keep your voice in good state before the continuous back to back concerts during Christmas.
- Sip on Herbal Tea – This pointer comes as a surprise because many singers fail to keep this point in mind when they are performing during festivities. The best way to take good care of your voice is by sipping on herbal tea whenever you get the time. Herbal tea keeps your voice warm and extremely in tune. This is the basic care that all choir singers need to give their voice.
- Engage Audience During Your Shows – This is one of the most important factors while performing in concerts and shows. People are already in very good state of mind and happy because it is Christmas. It is important to add to it and engage them in your shows and concerts. This is possible by interacting with them during your choir shows. This is a great way to increase your audience base.
In the midst of such festivities and celebration, it is important for choir singers to not get carried away and make sure that they come up with great shows. In order to achieve this, singers must follow the above mentioned tips so that they can etch a soft place in the hearts of their viewers.